Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gator Excitement!!

Sometimes I wonder, "am I too devoted to my college team?" and then, I say, "NO WAY!!" Really, though, I do love the college that I attended. It gave me an incredible start in life....as a teacher. The things I learned there, in addition to the life lessons, were a valuable asset to me as I started out in my life.

Today, January 8th, 2009, is a big day for the university. One that I pray doesn't affect whether Bekah gets in, but, one that actually keeps them on the map as one of the greatest in the country in more than just some things....most things!!

Tonight, at 8 p.m. EST, The Gators take on Oklahoma University Sooners in Miami for the National Championship game in Football. You can bet that Mitch and I will be glued, like millions of others in the country. We will be wearing our colors, eating our tailgate food, (even tho we will be in the t.v. room) and screaming and high fiving as tho we are there in real life. It is fun. We would love to have been there but, at 1500 a ticket, it just wasn't possible or practical. Our hearts will be there. I will remember the pictures I was able to get of Tim Tebow, at the SEC championship game, as I watch the boys play. My prayers will be for health, injury free, football....and, if God is not too busy, I pray that that He will find favor with Tim, the boys he has lead to Christ, and his commitment to the Almighty!! Honor that, dear God.

GO GATORS!!!

No comments: