Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Why God??

It has only been three very long months since our sweet Pastor and his precious son came to be with you! Is there a reason that you needed Simeon, and so soon?? Our church is still grieving, still reeling from the accident that took Forrest and Preston.....now, this???

I am at a crossroads right now. I know God loves me. I know God is good...all of the time. I know He is a loving God. I just don't get this. Three months ago, on May 12th, 2008, our loving Pastor, Forrest Pollock and his 13 yo son, Preston, died while flying in Forrest's plane to go to a Church related activity. He crashed his plane into the side of a mountain just miles from where my parents live.

Our Church was devastated. Since then, I have felt lost when at Church. So much changed in so short a period of time. We moved into the new building, started working with a whole new group of people.....singles instead of older folks, and, then, Pastor died after only preaching three sermons in that dream of his. We buried him on the 17th of May.

Three months after his funeral, we get a call before Church on Sunday morning, the 17th of August, that our Precious Music minister, Simeon Nix, had a fatal heart attack and was gone from this earth. There are so many questions running through my head. I had just gotten to the point where I could let Mitch leave the house without worrying....without wondering if he would come back, if I would ever see him again.

Am I going to feel this way forever. These men were 47-Simeon and 44-Pastor Pollock.....had children, etc. My mom said to me the other day that his work on earth was done. That is one statement that I just can't wrap my mind or heart around. How is it done? God gave them both beautiful children.....doesn't He want children to grow up with a father??? I have so many questions, confusions, rushing around in my head. It feels as though a train is rushing up there and I can't stop it but, every now and then it stops to toot it's horn.....really loud!! Reminding me that it is there.

Please, God, help me. I know you are too big for me to possibly understand...but, I need some peace from this. Our family loved these two men in ways that I can't even explain. Simeon gave Katie her start in Music, loving and encouraging her all the way.....even had her sing the National Anthem July 5th at Church...trusted her that much...and then, in his usual fashion, encouraged her and built her up when she was done. We are going to miss that aspect of him more than any other...his love for our daughter.

Simeon, you will be missed greatly and never replaced in our hearts. Pastor, we still grieve losing you and feel as though we are in a strange place every Sunday morning without you in the pulpit...now with Simeon gone as well, what will it be like???

3 comments:

Traci said...

I know that things have been.. well, different between us but please know that I pray for you and will continue to during this rough time.

~*D*~ said...

Susan, we haven't gotten to know each other that well and I hope we can fix that come November. My heart aches for you as I read this. Prayers for peace; and as much understanding as we ever get this go-round.
~*D*~

Susan said...

Thanks, ladies, for your support.....I didn't actually see these until today...I will also promise to be better at this whole blogging thing.

S